Dried fruit is delicious and can be nutritious. Commercial dried fruits are expensive though and often are coated with preservatives we cannot pronounce and should not consume. But making our own dried fruit snacks is easy and low cost.
AFTER THE RANT
If using an oven to dehydrate foods(乾燥食品), keep oven temperature below 170 degrees. Higher temperatures kill the living enzymes(酵素) in food and destroy that essential benefit our body needs to repair and heal itself.
- 2-3 bananas, firm and without spots
- 1 tsp Fruit Fresh or lemon juice, if desired
- Slice the desired amount of bananas about 1/4 inch thick, sprinkle with Fruit Fresh or lemon juice if desired.
- Place on dehydrator shelves
- Dehydrate until dry and flexibility is gone