今日單字: add [v.] = 添加、增加
(一) 今日單字的其他意思 及 變化
1. 將...相加 ( e.g. If you add 2 and 2, you get 4. )
1. 把...加起來 ( e.g. Add up the numbers and you'll see the total. )
2. 合乎情理、有道理 ( e.g. I knew they were lying as their stories just didn't add up. )
add up to
1. 總計為...、一共達... ( e.g. The numbers add up to exactly $500. )
2. 意味著、代表著 ( e.g The bloody knife and fingerprints add up to a murder. )
add in / add on
1. 把...包括在內、附加某物 ( e.g. Add in another set of speakers and I'll buy it. )
add-in / add-on [n.]
1. 附加的東西 ( 如...可增加電腦效能的附加元件 )
1. 添加劑、添加物 ( e.g. Make sure that your children's meals are without additives, colorants and preservatives. )
1. 加、附加的人或物 ( e.g. Please welcome the newest addition of our company. )
2. 加法 ( e.g. First grade students usually learn some basic addition. )
1. 添加的、附加的、額外的 ( e.g. The additional work is the reason he doesn't like being a manager. )
1. 同時、此外、附加地 ( e.g. Additionally, the company will also offer training to new employees. )
add fuel to the fire / add fuel to the flame
e.g. Taking the wrong medication when you are sick is like adding fuel to the flame.
add insult to injury
e.g. A pipe in our house burst. And, to add insult to injury, the water flooded over my new laptop.
For users around the world, there are actually a number of search engines to choose from.
The more popular ones are ...
Which one do you use the most ?
I like using Google.
It's very user - friendly and I have never had difficulty finding what I want.
Do you know any other good search engines ?
If you do, share with us below.